cling to summer for just a few more bites
I often find myself looking for a delicious dairy-free dessert and I am always drawn to recipes with lemon (note my Redgate Kitchen logo!). These lemon squares are simple to prepare and are packed full of lemony goodness. Serve these as a dessert, or steal one as your 3:00 pm hangry snack (we won’t tell anyone) and hang on to summer just a little longer! These squares were inspired by a recipe on thetasteofkosher.com.
- 1 cup of all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup white sugar
- 6 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Pinch of salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 medium lemon, juiced
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 2 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Line an 8×8 inch baking pan with parchment paper (this is a must or your shortbread crust will likely crumble).
- Combine flour, sugar, oil, and salt in a mixing bowl. Press to the bottom of the parchment paper lined baking pan.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, until lightly golden brown.
- In a bowl, whisk together eggs, lemon juice, sugar, and flour. The filling should be runny.
- When the crust is ready, remove it from the oven and pour the mixture into the pan. Bake for another 20 minutes.
- Remove and let cool completely before cutting. Dust with powdered sugar.
- As always, enjoy!