another one-pan wonder
Looking for another easy and tasty weeknight one-pan meal? Ali Sagle’s fluffy baked rice mixed with creamy and nutty coconut curry, and tender pieces of boneless chicken thighs, can be on the table in 50-60 minutes with very minimal prep. It is super fragrant and results in a hearty meal. The leftovers are just as delicious the next day. You can make this dish with tofu if you are keeping it veg.
- 1 (13.5 oz) can full-fat coconut milk
- ¼ cup red curry paste (I like Thai Kitchen Red Curry Paste)
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter (crunchy or smooth)
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce (I like Red Boat)
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into 3/4-inch pieces (feel free to replace with tofu if you prefer)
- 2 large carrots, peeled and thinly sliced (about 1 cup)
- 1 ½ cups jasmine rice, rinsed
- 1 ¼ cups boiling water
- 1 head broccoli, remove thick stems, separate florets (about 2 cups florets)
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Pre-heat the oven to 400℉. In a 9-by-13 inch baking pan, combine 1 cup of the coconut milk with the red curry paste, peanut butter, fish sauce and garlic.
- Whisk the ingredients together until blended. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the chicken and carrots, then scatter the rice over everything. (The photos below are with tofu).
4. Add the boiling water and then seal the pan tightly with foil, and bake until the rice is just tender, typically for 40 minutes.
- After 40 minutes, remove the foil from the pan, scatter the broccoli florets over the rice, season with salt and pepper, then reseal with foil and bake for another 5 minutes– until the broccoli has steamed. Remove from the oven and let it sit for 3 minutes.
- Stir the lime juice into the remaining coconut milk and season with salt and pepper. Fluff the rice with a fork and stir to mix. Serve with a drizzle of the coconut and lime sauce. Enjoy!