a healthier 4-ingredient take on the classic delicious frozen treat
As soon as the weather warms up and the sprinkler goes on, the cravings hit for refreshing frozen treats. The recipe below is inspired by a version found on Baker by Nature. I know you will love these healthier chocolate fudgesicles, if your family members leave any for you to try!
- 1 1/2 cups greek yogurt (full fat recommended for creamier pops, plain or vanilla)
- 1 cup chocolate almond milk (can sub with any other type of milk here)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Completely melt the chocolate chips in a small saucepan on medium-low heat, stirring constantly.
- Add in the milk, slightly increase the heat to medium and stir constantly until the mixture is brought to a gentle simmer.
- Remove from heat and let the mixture cool for 5 minutes.
- Whisk in vanilla and the Greek yogurt. Mix until totally smooth.
- Pour the mixture into your popsicle molds. This will yield an average of 12 pops (I sometimes use mini molds, variety of shapes for fun too).
- After 1 hour in the freezer, insert your popsicle sticks. Continue to freeze until hard, approx 5 hours.