fresh, crisp and light
I love making salads from whatever I have in the fridge. These days especially. Tonight’s post is a simple one. One of my favorite vinaigrette’s follows. I prepared this salad tonight and served it with grilled salmon and it was just what this sunny evening called for.
- loads of veggies
- 1 head of raddichio, sliced
- 4-6 carrots (3 colors), diced
- 3 tomatoes, chopped
- 3 green onions, sliced thinly
- 3 mini cucumbers, chopped
- 1 tbsp miso
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Mix all vinaigrette ingredients in a bowl.
- Whisk together.
- Add vinaigrette to chopped of veggies and toss well.
- Serve it on its own or with anything delicious–tonight I chose salmon. I prepared the salmon equally simply with extra-virgin olive oil, salt, pepper, freshly cut lemon slices and sprigs of fresh thyme and then tossed it on the grill