vibrant colors and dreamy flavor
You will have to add this to your roasted veggie repertoire because it will become an instant favorite with family and friends. Simply roasted carrots are taken to the next level when drizzled with a nutty and slightly sweet tahini-date glaze. The dish is even more beautiful when prepared with multi-colored carrots. You will love eating the rainbow when you tuck into this dish. Inspired by Adeena Sussman’s delicious recipe in Sababa.
- 1 1/2 lbs thin carrots, peeled and trimmed (preferable multi-colored carrots; if your carrots are larger you’ll want to cut them lengthwise)
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt, more to taste
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup tahini paste
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 3 tbsp silan (date syrup)
- 2 tbsp water, more as needed
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 425 ℉. Place the trimmed carrots into a bowl and coat them with the olive oil, salt, and cumin. Arrange the seasoned carrots on rimmed baking sheets (spreading them out sufficiently to allow for roasting and not steaming).
- Roast them, turning once midway through until softened with golden edges, about 25-27 minutes.
- While the carrots are roasting, whisk together the tahini ingredients listed above until smooth. Add some additional water only if needed.
- Remove roasted carrots and plate them. Drizzle with the tahini glaze. You will have leftover glaze which you can add to other veggies, fish, and/or cold noodles.
- As always, enjoy!