if you’re trying to eat more plants, make sure they’re tasty
Grilled or roasted, sweet potatoes are always delicious. Drizzle them with a tahini sauce and sesame seeds and they will be a star meal or a perfect side. Below are the details you need to get this super quick sweet potato toast and tahini lunch, dinner or side on the table.
- 1-2 sweet potatoes, sliced lengthwise, about a 1/4 in thick
- extra virgin olive oil
- kosher salt
- black and/or white sesame seeds
(this recipe will yield bonus tahini for some future use, keeps well in the fridge for up to a week)
- 1 cup tahini paste
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 cup ice water
- freshly squeezed lemon juice (from 2 lemons, about 1/3 cup)
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- Pre-heat oven to 450 ℉.
- Place the sweet potato slices on one or two baking sheet (make sure they are spread out so they can roast and not steam). Drizzle with olive oil and turn them over to get both sides. Sprinkle with kosher salt.
- Roast until browned and flip over (about 10 minutes/side).
- Prepare the tahini sauce by combining all of the tahini ingredients listed above, whisking to combine. Add in additional ice water, lemon, and salt as needed.
- Plate the browned slices of sweet potato toast.
- Top with tahini sauce and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
Try the sauce on some grilled eggplant…perfection!