breakfast or lunch omelette wrapped in a crispy pita
My good friend Sarah (an amazing cook and baker) got me hooked on Nadiya Hussain’s Time to Eat Netflix show where she shares stress-free recipes. Our new breakfast obsession is my version of her crispy egg roll wrap. Make it your own by choosing your toppings and spreads and you will love this super easy crispy egg roll wrap!
- 2 eggs
- chopped olives
- 3 tsp of pesto
- 1/2 pita (cut around the whole circle to make an open face half – not cut horizontally) or a tortilla
- olive oil
- hot sauce (optional)
- Heat olive oil in a small to medium skillet on medium heat.
- Whisk together eggs.
- Pour into the heated skillet and top with chopped olives.
- Spread pesto on the open-faced pita or tortilla.
- Place the pita, pesto side down, onto the egg and olive mixture and press down to get it to adhere.
- Let it cook about 2-3 minutes.
- Flip it over so the egg is now face up and cook for another 2 minutes (until the pita is crispy and golden brown).
- Remove from heat, let it cool for a minute and then roll it up and slice it in half . You can top it with some hot sauce for a bit of a kick. Enjoy!